Admittedly, I do not particularly like running. But I do like running with a group. It’s been a long while since we’ve done a pure, running-focused workout….so that is this week’s WAWA.
But here’s some good news: Temps will be in the lower 70’s this Wednesday so it will be GREAT for our workout. And this run workout is broken up into little chunks of small distances. Rest in-between the chunks!
You’ll love it!
Meet outside in front of The Cornwell Center, ready to go at 6 am!
Stretching and exercises to wake-up the body and especially the legs!
Starting the Workout (approximately 1.2 miles):
Moderate jog from parking lot along the following route:
- Cross Selwyn Avenue onto Wellesley Avenue
- Right onto Queens Road West
- Continue up Queens Road West approximately another 1/4 mile to the intersection of Hopedale & Queens Road West. This is our starting point for hill repeats.
Workout on the Hills (approximately 1.5 – 2.5 miles depending on ability group):
- “Brisk” run from the start point to the top near the intersection of QRW and Queens; approximately 0.25 miles
- Easy jog back to the bottom of the hill to the start, intersection of QRW and Hopedale Avenue; approximately 0.25 miles
- Rest for 1 minute
- Repeat 4 more times for the seasoned runners; 2 more time for novice runners
Finishing the Workout (approximately 1.0 mile):
- Easy jog from our starting point up Hopedale Avenue
- Right onto Queens Road
- Follow Queens Road until it becomes Selwyn Avenue.
- Turn left into parking lot for The Cornwell Center
Total Running Distance planned:
-Seasoned Runners: approximately 4.70 miles
-Novice Runners: approximately 3.70 miles
Exercise Leader: Mike Lenhart
Devotion Leader: Mike Lenhart