We’re watching the weather closely but the latest forecasts have rain coming into the Charlotte area around 7:30 am ET on Wednesday morning. That means we’ll be FINE for an outdoor run. Planning on an easy 5.0 mile run that includes just under a mile’s worth of hill repeats!
You can do this!
We’ll cross over a bridge into Freedom Park …. “over the river“….
Then we’ll follow the Greenway (“through the woods“) along Freedom Park….eventually exiting the park at Princeton Avenue, and picking up our normal route to Hillside Drive.
Hill repeats will start at the intersection of Croyden and Hillside….and end approximately 1/10th of a mile near Selwyn Avenue. 5 time ups….4 times down. After the 5th hill repeat, we’ll turn left and head down Selwyn back to The Cornwell Center.
In the event it does rain, I have a contingency plan that takes us to the parking deck across the street at Queens University.
Detailed route instructions:
- Cornwell Center right onto Selwyn Avenue
- Left onto Radcliff
- Left up Queens Road West (QRW)
- Right onto Wellesley, crossing over QRW
- Right onto Maryland
- Left into parking lot for Junior League of Charlotte
- Cross bridge into Freedom Park behind the Junior League
- Turn left off bridge onto Greenway path
- Follow path all the way to Princeton
- Left onto Princeton, then right onto Jameston
- Right onto Westfield
- Left up Hillside, stopping at intersection of Croyden/Hillside. Route is approximately 3 miles at this point.
Hill repeats…..5 times up, 4 times down. Tack on another 0.9 miles at this point!
- After 5th hill repeat, gather as a group and head left down Selwyn, running approximately 1 mile back to The Cornwell Center.
Total distance is approximately 5 miles! Well done….!
WORKOUT LEADER: Mike Lenhart
DEVOTIONAL LEADER: Mike Lenhart